Monday, January 7, 2013

Football Announcers Jan 7, 2013






Well, this one is an easy target, but since I'm watching the "Discover" BCS National Championship Bowl game between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Alabama Crimson Tide, I figured I'd go ahead and make a few sage observations regarding how annoying football announcers are.

1) I really don't care for  Brent Musburger, starting with his name, and then continuing on with his nasal voice and his totally annoying comments.  Also, he's a well-known "Gator Hater" which makes him as loathsome a talking head as there can be.  Why do they always have him for these big games?  It ruins everything for me.

2)  It would be so nice if they didn't feel the need to ALWAYS speak.  Why don't they just shut up sometimes... catch their breath, drink some water... go to the bathroom.  We can see what's going on, if there's nothing to really say then just SHUT UP !  Right now Notre Dame is getting it's limey ass kicked all over the field and guess what?  The announcers keep telling us that fact over, and over and over again.  "Yes, we can see they're not doing too well by looking at the score !"

3)  If I was a college football player I would send a note to the announcers before the game to "Please, for the love of God don't describe me with superlatives"  because that is the kiss of death in college football.  As soon as the announcers says something glowing and absolute, ie;  "this is the best field goal kicker I've seen in many, many years and he has a promising career ahead of him"., the next play the poor kid misses a field goal and gets a career ending injury in the process.

OK, now I have to take back some of the nasty things I said about Brent Musburger. as he made a great and true comment that aptly describes this annhilation;  "If this was a prize fight they'd call it off right now".   Alabama 28, Notre Dame 0., and it's just the first half.  Wow, this is bad.  Sorry Notre Dame, I don't think your lucky charms are working too much right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment